Adamya's Internship Experience at Xoriant Solutions


About Adamya Singh:

I've done my Bachelor’s in Electronics and Communication engineering from KLS G.I.T College of Engineering, Belagavi (Karnataka) and am currently in my final year of MBA in Marketing and Finance (Batch 2018 - 2020) from Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune. In SIMS, I am a Senior coordinator of Academic Cell. Learning has been one of my personality traits and hence I never restrict myself to learn new things. Therefore, I took initiative to learn not only academically but also other than academic and I have been an active participant in sports and organizing and coordinating events in college. I am passionate about robotics and automobile which helped me to get R&D job in KPIT Technology.

About the Internship

  • Company - Xoriant
  • Industry - IT
  • Role - Presales Intern
  • Location - Pune
  • Duration - 9 Week

How was your overall experience?

What I heard from seniors that 9 weeks internship duration would be the most hectic and rigorous. What I want to clarify further is that it is hectic and rigorous if you don’t like your work. I used to plan the whole day which helped me a lot. Work allocation in Xoriant Solution is preceded by a couple of knowledge and training session, which makes the employees comfortable with the upcoming task. Moreover, a senior mentor is appointed for any sort of guidance and support. My daily task was divided into majoring doing research, making decks for clients and planning marketing strategies to engage prospects.

How was the selection process conducted? 

We had company profile briefing as the first interaction opportunity. The candidates were then divided into groups for group discussions on various topics. Those who cleared the GD rounds were then called for interviews, post that the results were announced.

What was your project and how did you execute it?

My project was to identify potential prospects for Xoriant Sales team by doing market research, & mapping with the right offerings. For this, I was trained to use multiple tools for doing in-depth research. These projects extract all digital marketing of mine. Another task was to enhance the Knowledge Management Portal of the Presales team by identifying & indexing case studies and use cases needed by Presales team on a daily basis. This required lots of research from client records and referring online.

How was the work culture at Xoriant Solutions?

The best thing about Xoriant is its welcoming and warm nature. Department head will never question if you are coming late. What is expected is your working and its quality. Quality is given the most importance. Xoriant organises multiple employees’ engagement activities. Unofficially your boss will pull you out a couple of times in a week for team lunch or outing. In this company, you can rely on your colleague for any kind of support. I was lucky I got this type of people around me during internship!

What were the key challenges that you faced during your internship?

Presales department was new in Xoriant. Therefore, developing everything was scratch such as case studies, deck and repository portal was the major challenge, which was an opportunity to learn. Due to lack of a proper bridge between different dept caused some delay in accumulating the data.

What were the key learnings of your internship?

1. Professional way of connecting and approaching the clients
2. Got to learn about various sales stages and different teams involved in each stage
3. Presentation and documentation skill at the industry level
4. Importance of networking with people in the office
5. Learnt about the client onboarding process

Any memorable moments from the internship?

There were few actually but the most memorable moment was when the company accepted my sales pitch and infographic for using it to the target the health sector in the USA!

Any tips you would like to share with our juniors?

1. Always do extra what is asked from you 2. Never hesitate to ask doubt and help from your mentors, they actually like it 3. Whether you are able to finish the task or not is important. What your mentors are looking for is your attitude and zeal to work in the company 4. Always be open to learn

For any other queries, you can reach out to Adamya @Linkedin and @Instagram

Post a Comment

0 Comments