Yash's Internship Experience at Future Generali Life Insurance



About Yash Jhadav:

I have done my Mechanical Engineering from G.H.Patel College of Engineering and Technology, V.V Nagar, Gujarat. Currently, I am in the final year of MBA at SIMS Pune, having majors in Marketing and minors in Finance. I am an open category student in my batch, so getting selected in this college was a very big achievement for me. I have a Food Blog on Instagram which has nearly 1.5 k followers where I am using the concepts of influencer marketing to promote my page.

About the Internship

How was your overall experience?

The daily routine included, reporting to the Deputy Branch Manager of the branch at 10:00 am in the morning. They were really stringent about their timings. Then we had to make our list of prospects which included the people that we will target from our own end. Most of the prospects were our natural leads. Everyday pitching was to be done to the natural leads about the various types of insurance products. Kind of work – We got the work of generating the leads, those leads were helping the firm get new potential customers. We were told to pitch the insurance products to the customers and convert the leads into sales.

How was the selection process conducted? 

The selection process was conducted through a skype interview in the college itself. In the interview various type of questions was asked, ranging from my background to my experience in my previous sales internship. I explained the whole process of how I did my sales in my last internship (during under-graduation). Then I was bombarded with some practical situations and I have to give them the relevant answers based on my views.

What was your project and how did you execute it?

The name of the project was “Market research of insurance industry and its analysis and digital marketing with the help of blog posts and other media”. This project of mine was done in tandem with the sales. A questionnaire was made by me and it was then circulated to different sets of people of different ages. The analysis of the data was done and this analysis was to be presented to the branch manager of the firm which would then help them improve their marketing execution. For blog posts, we made a blog on word press which helped us gain insights to enter into the world of blogging.

How was the work culture at Future Generali Life Insurance?

The work culture of the organization was somewhat stringent and they were very particular about their work.

What were the key challenges that you faced during your internship?

It was very difficult to convince people to buy an insurance policy, as they were not willing to listen, and we had our sales targets to achieve. The branch manager pressurized us to achieve the targets and it was a great challenge for us to sail through such a situation.

What were the key learnings of your internship?

The main learning from the internship was about patience, the insurance industry will definitely teach you patience as if you call nearly 50 to 100 people only few will lend you their ears and fewer will agree to buy.

Any memorable moments from the internship?

The most memorable moment at my office was me drinking nearly 10-15 cups of coffee a day, I am not a big coffee lover though. It seemed as if I were refilling myself with new inspiration by emptying those coffee cups as the situation was quite difficult for me to handle. Those cups of coffee became my companion at that gruelling time. Even today when I look at coffee cups, it drags me back to my Internship days.

Any tips you would like to share with our juniors?

Just chillout friends you will get a great internship and you will learn a lot from the internship. Keep brushing on your GD skills.

For any other queries, you can reach out to Yash @Linkedin and @Instagram

Post a Comment

0 Comments